Thursday 26 November 2015

Handmade Christmas Decoration - Swaps

Every year (apart from this year due to health reasons) for the past three-four years, I have participated in handmade Christmas decoration swaps, where you make 10 decorations, send them off to people on your list, and you get 10 back.  It's lots of fun, and it is wonderful to see all the different decorations that people have made - I have never received two the same! It doesn't matter what sort of craft you can do or not do (I can't knit or crochet), decorations can be made out of all sorts of mediums and using many different techniques. Decorations can be sewn, knitted, crocheted, glued, made out of wire and beads, made out of fimo modelling clay, plaster of paris, ceramics, buttons, ribbons, pegs, terracotta pots, pinecones, ivy.... hopefully this gallery of swaps will inspire you to make your own! (and one of the decorations shown was made for me by my 4 year old nephew).
Anyway, here are some of the decorations I have been lucky enough to receive in swaps.

  
 
  
  
  
  


       
  
 

  

 
  
 
  
 
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment