Friday 13 November 2015

100 Days of Christmas... Polystyrene Patchwork Balls

I have got a few of these polystyrene balls in my craft room waiting for me to do something with them, so I decided to have a go at making patchwork balls! They look really effective, and no sewing required!
You will need:  
Polystyrene balls
Scraps of fabric
glue (I used PVA)
scissors
 I started by cutting up the fabric into small pieces.

 Then begin glueing the fabric onto your ball.
 Glue fabric pieces next to each other, overlapping slightly if necessary. 
Continue until whole ball is covered.
 Cover in ribbon. I glued one length one way, then another longer length the opposite way, tied it off and created a loop with the remaining ribbon for hanging.

 I made a patchwork heart using a polystyrene heart.
 This patchwork ball was created using scraps of upholstery fabrics glued on. I then went around the edge of each piece of fabric with a gold paint outliner.


No comments:

Post a Comment