Saturday 3 September 2016

The 3 Billy Goats Gruff - 100 Days Project: Mat Time Resources

This was a fun story to create in felt - especially the troll!
 I began by making some sketches of goats.
 Then I traced the goats onto clear acetate.  I like using acetate to make the templates with as it is easy to trace on, and is nice and stiff so is easy to draw around when transferring the image to felt.
Big Billy Goat Gruff
The 3 Billy Goats Gruff and the troll.  
The details on the goats were added with a sharpie pen.  The details on the troll were made with fabric paints and a tube of outliner paint.

The children at school have been asking to tell this story every day since I introduced it to them! I stood nearby to listen to the story as a couple of children sat down together, one doing the goats, and one doing the troll, and the troll said "Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge?" and the goat said "it's me, little billy goat gruff".  Then the troll said "You're going to be my afternoon tea!" and it was said with such rhythm and rhyme that it was really very funny and clever.  I love hearing the language and seeing the co-operative learning that these story time resources are generating.

Click on the link for more of my teaching resources

No comments:

Post a Comment