Friday 30 October 2015

Christmas Songs

Here are some of the Christmas songs I do each year with the kids, I have done them with 3 1/2 up to 5-6 year olds.

I used to work in a centre where almost all of our children were from Africa, Asia, India, the Philippines, and the Pacific Islands.  So I re-wrote The 12 Days of Christmas song to reflect the many different cultures in our centre, and we performed it at our end of year Christmas Show.  I did this with 5 year olds.

12 Days of Christmas (multicultural version)

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
A pukeko in a punga tree.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 8th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
8 poi a swinging, 7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
9 lavalavas, 8 poi a swinging, 7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
10 pairs of chopsticks, 9 lavalavas, 8 poi a swinging 7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
11 fans a fanning, 10 pairs of chopsticks, 9 lavalavas, 8 poi a swinging, 7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
12 rugby players, 11 fans a fanning, 10 pairs of chopsticks, 9 lavalavas, 8 poi a swinging, 7 drummers drumming, 6 pineapples, 5 gold bangles, 4 Chinese dragons, 3 peacocks prancing, 2 tapa cloths, and a pukeko in a punga tree.


5 Christmas Puddings
Tune of 5 Little Cupcakes in a Bakers Shop

5 Christmas puddings in a bakers shop
Round and fat with a cherry on the top
Along came (child's name) with a dollar one day
He bought a Christmas pudding and he ate it right away.

4 Christmas puddings...
3 Christmas puddings...
2 Christmas puddings...
1 Christmas pudding...


Pop, Bang, Crack
(To the tune of In and Out of The Dusky Bluebells)
 
Pop, bang, crack
goes the Christmas cracker
Pop, bang, crack
goes the Christmas cracker
Pop, bang, crack
goes the Christmas cracker
When you pull it open
BANG!


A Red, Red, Coat
(To the tune of The Hokey Pokey)
 
He wears a red, red coat
and a red, red hat
His boots are black
and he carries a sack.
He's got a twinkle in his eye
and a friendly smile
and his name is Santa Claus.
And his name is Santa Claus.

Click on the link for more of my teaching resources

No comments:

Post a Comment