Friday 9 June 2017

Matchbox Babies

I used to love matchbox babies as a child. It was always exciting to be given a special little treat, and to push open the box to see what was inside. I liked that he was snuggled up in a cosy little bed, and I loved anything little. So when I was looking at my craft matchboxes that I had picked up from the Dollar store, I thought Matchbox Babies!
The craft matchboxes are slightly smaller than real matchboxes, and a bit less sturdier. You can use either, or both. To decorate the matchboxes, you will need:
Matchboxes
Decorative paper
Ruler
Craft knife
Craft glue - PVA is perfect. 

Measure your matchboxes (both the outside cover and the inside tray) and transfer your measurements to your paper. Cut using a craft knife and ruler.
Fold the paper around your matchbox and make sharp creases along the folds. 
Apply glue to your paper. I used a bit of thick card to spread the glue evenly and thinly across the paper.
Wrap the paper around the matchbox.



Cut a piece of felt and glue down to the base of the matchbox inner tray.

Cut a square of felt for the blanket to keep your baby nice and cosy!


No comments:

Post a Comment