Friday 2 December 2016

Christmas Decoration... Peg Angel


I was preparing some materials ready to make Christmas Decorations with my niece and nephew, when I came across a template for angel wings. That gave me an idea... I pulled out a wooden peg doll, cut a semi circle of white felt which I glued onto the peg doll, and cut out angle wings on white felt using the template, which I glued on the back. Success! This was a super simple craft that just requires wooden peg dolls, and white felt.
 A peg doll, a rough quarter circle cut out of felt and wings cut out of felt.
 To make an angel wings template, fold a piece of paper in half and draw half an angels wing. Cut out and open it to check you are happy with the shape.

Place the folded template on the fold of the white felt, and cut out.
 Wrap the semi-circle around the peg doll, so that the felt joins at the back of the doll but is not tight around the whole peg - it should be like a cone shape. It takes a little bit of fiddling around to work out how to do it.

 Hot glue the felt to the back of the peg.  It's ok if it doesn't completely cover the back of the peg.
 Hot glue the wings to the back of the dress.
Cut a little bit of sparkly pipecleaner and wrap around your little finger to create a circle.  Hot glue onto the top of the angel's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment