Sunday 21 August 2016

Creative Inspiration tags

 There are some days when I go into my craft room and I just don't know what to make.  This project put a stop to that, because now whenever I want to make something but can't decide what to do, I simply choose a Creative Inspiration tag from my jar.  I created lots of tags, decorated the front, and wrote down a whole heap of different crafts and things to make and do on the back.  Then I popped them into a jar.  
 I cut out a whole heap of tags using my Cuttlebug and a tag die.
 I then decorated them, using a variety of...
scrapbooking paper
stamps
doilies
illustrations from old books
wrapping paper
postage stamps
paper punches
stick-on gems and bling
images from magazines and calendars, old greetings cards, gift tags and postcards
lace and ribbon


 Once I had decorated a whole heap of tags, I began writing different crafts on the back... things I know I can make, but also some things that I would like to try or learn, such as knitting! 


Now whenever I don't know what to do, I can choose a tag to help inspire me and provide focus.

This idea can also be adapted to...
Things to do when you are bored: eg read a book; do a jigsaw puzzle; colour in; bake biscuits, etc; Things to do for date night with a special someone;
Things to do at the weekend with the kids;
Special notes to a loved one, each note saying something you like/admire/love about them, or a reason why they are wonderful!;
A short poem;
If you are a writer, you might like to write a provocation or word on each one. Each day pull out a tag and that is what you write about.  You could also use this idea for a visual diary or journal;
Whatever else you can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment