Saturday 22 August 2015

100 Days of Christmas ... Bunting

Following on from my star garland, I still had lots of beautiful Christmas fabric left over.  I wanted a way to showcase them - which bunting does beautifully.

You will need:
Fabric
Backing Fabric
Thread
Wide Ribbon

First I created a triangle template on an old calendar. I tried several sizes, and decided on 16cm across and 18cm long.  I didn't want them to be too big or too small.
  

I traced the template onto the fabric and backing fabric, and cut them out.  I pinned the two fabrics together, and sewed the two sides together, leaving the top unsewn.  I turned them out the right way, and ironed them flat.





I then folded the ribbon in half lengthwise and ironed it to make a sharp crease along the middle.  I pinned the bunting to the ribbon, with the ribbon encasing the raw edge of the bunting.

I sewed along the edge of the ribbon, catching the raw edges of the bunting inside the ribbon. I created a small loop at each end of the ribbon to hang up easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment