Tuesday 26 December 2017

Christmas Decorating in the Nursery

I recently purchased a little nursery in a wooden display box at my local Op Shop (or thrift shop) for $10. It is very cute, and came with a little cot, rocking horse, a mat, chest of drawers, change table, miniature toys, and miniature bedding. But it needed a little festivity added for Christmas. So I spent a happy afternoon creating miniature decorations for the nursery.



The wreath was made from half a green pipecleaner twisted around into a little circle.

To add the detail, I threaded beads onto cotton:
I wrapped the beads & thread around the pipecleaner wreath, and tied it off at the end.

I cut out pictures from a book of Christmas Scrapbooking Paper, and glued them on gold card.

The Christmas Tree wall decal was a basic tree shape cut out of green card; and embellished with stick-on gems.

To make the stocking, I cut out two stocking shapes out of a scrap of red felt, and two small rectangles out of white felt to go around the top. I layered the the white felt over the top of the stocking and sewed a row of sequins along. I then did the same with the other side of the stocking, and sewed the two sides together.

I have been playing around trying to make ballerinas out of yarn-wrapped pipecleaners and fabric scraps. I put one of them in the nursery to be "Mum", and gave her a little baby to hold.



The robin was cut out of a book of scrapbooking paper and glued onto gold card.


 

The stars were cut from fabric and glue onto card to make them stiff. When dry, I pierced a hole through the star with a needle and thread, and threaded some beads on, leaving a loop for hanging.


The bunting was made from folding fabric scraps in half and cutting triangle shapes out. I created a paper template so that my bunting would all be the same size.

When I had cut out lots of folded triangles (or diamonds, when unfolded), I cut a length of thread to go around the nursery, and began gluing the diamond pieces over the string to create the bunting.

A letter to Santa to be sent in the overnight mail.












Click on the link to see all my other Christmas Decoration tutorials
Click on this link to see all my other craft tutorials and posts

No comments:

Post a Comment