Friday 14 July 2017

Paper Fans Tutorial

 A friend is in charge of decorating the school hall for a ball they are putting on for their students. They are on a limited budget, so I thought I would have a go at seeing what I could make to contribute. I have got lots and lots of scrapbooking paper in my craft room, so I grabbed some paper and set to work. 
 The paper fans are so easy to make. I used two sheets of paper to create one fan.  Scrapbooking paper is 12" x 12", so all the sheets were squares and I didn't need to trim them. 

To make folding easy, I put one sheet on top of the other, and concertina-folded both sheets at the same time. Then I separated the two sheets, opened each sheet into a semi-circle, and glued the two semi-circles together to create one circle. 

 I used a needle and thread to pierce through the paper, ready for hanging. 

I threaded beads onto the thread, to help hold the fans in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment